Col. Dr Jeppiaar 2nd All India Virtual Moot Court Competition 2021- April 8 To 10′.
About School of Law, Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology:
Sathyabama School of Law aspires to be an internationally renowned Centre for research and teaching in law. School of Law is dedicated to advancing human dignity, social welfare and justice through knowledge of the law. Our courses are academically rigorous, informed by the latest research.
Courses are taught by dedicated, efficient and industrious faculty and a cadre of intellects that includes respected judges and experienced practitioners. We work with a wide variety of groups including the legal profession, policymakers, research bodies and organizations. This reflects our strength in many fields of legal and socio-legal research, and this gives our students the opportunity to interact with internationally respected scholars.
Our programmes will prepare students for a career in the legal profession and beyond. The curriculum has been designed to provide a strong foundation in the core subjects coupled with opportunities to pursue optional courses in areas of undergraduate’s choosing.
A. COMPOSITION AND ELIGIBILITY
- Each team shall comprise two speakers and one researcher.
- Students from all law colleges/institutions/universities across the country recognized by the Bar Council of India are eligible to take part in the competition.
- All participants must be currently pursuing their bachelor’s degree in Law, i.e., either 3 year or 5-year courses.
- Only one team per college shall be allowed to participate.
- The official language of the competition shall be English.
B. MODE OF ONLINE ROUND
- The rounds will be conducted via (Zoom). All teams are requested to download the app beforehand on their devices.
- Teams participating in this competition are advised to use a stable internet connection for ensuring smooth presentations.
- The host institution shall not be held responsible for any connectivity or network issues that might arise during the course of oral arguments. ·
- Team Code will be communicated via email to every participating team after submission of their memorials to the organizers.
- The participant teams are required to register provisionally through a mail confirming your participation (details of the team, roles and name of your institution) to [email protected].
- Once the provisional registration is successfully completed, the teams are required to complete the main registration.
- The last date for provisional registration is 10.03.2021.
- The Main Registration shall be completed by filling up the google form which will be mailed by the Organizing Committee once your provisional registration is successfully completed.
REGISTRATION LINK- https://forms.gle/YZD6fyUU6jmE8XgR7
- The Google Form must be filled once by each team and the College Identity Card/ any other identification document of each participant must also be uploaded with the Google Forms. The section for the same has been created in the form.
- Teams are supposed to complete their Registration by 15.03.2021 by 10:00 pm IST.
- The registration fee shall be Rs. 2000 per team.
- The Mode of Payment of the registration fee shall be Account Transfer or UPI transfer.
- The registration fee shall be paid in favour of the below-mentioned Account.
A/c No- 616546836
IFSC Code- IDIB000S201
Account Holder’s Name- Dr. Dilshad Shaik
Google Pay Number: 9849000331
- Participants are required to submit Memorandum or Written Submissions on behalf of both the Petitioner(s) and the Respondent(s).
- Only the Team Code shall be specified on the top right corner of the Memorandum. Any reference to the participating institution/college/university shall result in immediate disqualification.
- No amendment to the memorandum shall be permitted after submission of the soft copies.
- Only soft copies of memorials shall be submitted in both pdf and .doc format latest by 10 pm on 05.04.2021. No memorials shall be accepted after the prescribed date. Authorities shall be submitted in pdf format on or before 07.04.2021 with the allotted team code.
- Any memorial submitted after the deadline shall be subject to the penalty for a late submission.
- The memorials shall be mailed to [email protected] with the subject of the mail being “Memorial Submission – ‘Team Code’.
- Violation of any of the above rules shall result in the deduction of points.
- In case of any issue regarding time, the receiving time mentioned in the organizer’s email id i.e.’[email protected]‘ will be considered to be final. And the sole decision rights are with the organizers.
- Compendium has to be submitted to the organizing committee through e-mail at the time of memorial submission. The Compendium should only be one PDF file, for easy accessibility of the judges.
- Winner: Rs. 10,000 and merit certificate.
- Runner up: Rs. 5,000 and merit certificate.
- Best Student Advocate: Rs. 2,000 and merit certificate.
- Best Memorial: Rs. 2000 and merit certificate.
- Certificate of Participation: E-certificate of participation shall be provided to all the participants who will be submitting the memorial.
Email ID: [email protected]
FACULTY COORDINATOR: Mr. P.S.S. Gowrishangar, +91 96298 48534/ +91 9849000331
Moot Court Society:
PRESIDENT: Ms. P. Arya Abaranji, +91 95000 44929
VICE PRESIDENT: Mr. C.G. Eeshwaa, +91 63835 50954