Double Round Online Quiz Competition
ABOUT PANJAB UNIVERSITY, CHANDIGARH
One of the oldest Universities in India, the Panjab University (PU) initiated at Lahore in 1882, has a long tradition of pursuing excellence in teaching and research in science and technology, humanities, social sciences, performing arts, and sports. The glorious traditions of the University established during more than 133 years of its long service to the nation since its inception are a source of inspiration for the present generation of faculty members and students. Panjab University has been accredited with a CGPA of 3.35 on a four-point scale at A Grade valid for 5 years from 25/06/2015.
It ranked 1st among Universities of India and 38th in Asia, Times Higher Education Asian University rankings 2015. It ranked number one University in India and the bracket 276-300 internationally in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, 2014-2015 powered by Thomson Reuters. It was ranked 39th by the Times Higher Education among BRICS & Emerging Economies.
ABOUT UNIVERSITY INSTITUTE OF LEGAL STUDIES
University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) was established as the constituent department of Panjab University, in the academic session 2004-05. During a short period, it has emerged as one of the premier legal Institutes with a unique blend of tradition and modernity. Students are trained in the essence of the substantive laws, techniques of procedural laws, methods of client counseling, and skills in legal and social sciences research, etc. The Moot Court Competitions, Client Counseling Sessions, Quiz Contests, Seminars, Group Discussions, and Extension Lectures, etc. are a regular feature of the academic calendar of the Institute. The Institute’s Legal Aid Clinic, which provides free legal services to the economically weaker sections of the society as a part of the community outreach program of the Institute, also offers opportunities to the students to work in coordination with practicing lawyers.
ABOUT SOCIETY FOR QUIZ
The Society for Quiz is a constituent society of the University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh. Society owes its existence to the vital role played by the quizzes in the learning process. Considering how promising the quizzes are in terms of expanding the horizons of one’s knowledge and improving the efficiency of mind, the Society is completely devoted to organizing various types of quizzes throughout the year, both online and offline. Also, to keep the spirit of competition alive, the Society aims not to limit itself to its home institution but also to reach out to the students throughout the nation. Furthermore, believing in the potential of a quiz as an activity to raise general awareness, the Society is also unrestricted in its choice of topics for the quizzes and is not limited merely to the topics of the law.
DOUBLE ROUND ONLINE QUIZ COMPETITION
The competition is open to all the students of 1st year pursuing B.A.LLB(H)/ B.Com. L.L. B(H) from University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh and its affiliated Regional Centres.
- The Registration for the Quiz can be done by clicking on the following link:
- The Last date of registration is May 18, 2021 (Tuesday).
- No Registration Fee for the Competition.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED IN QUIZ
- Law of Torts
- Consumer Protection Laws
- Law of Contract (Excluding Special Contract)
SCHEME OF QUIZ
- There will be no negative marking for the quiz.
- All the questions in the quiz will be in the Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ’s) format.
- The participant who submits the quiz earlier will be preferred in case of a tie between participants.
- The participants registering for the quiz via the Google Registration form will receive a confirmation mail from our side via mail.
- The Confirmation mail will have the link to join the WhatsApp Group upon which all the important updates regarding the quiz and the link of the competition will be sent.
- The competition will have 2 Rounds the rule of each is described as follows:
- All participants are required to attempt the Round 1 of the Quiz via Google Form Link sent on the WhatsApp Group made for the purpose.
- Round 1 will be held on May 21, 2021 (06:30 PM to 07:00 PM).
- Round 1 will consist of 25 Multiple Choice Questions of 1 Mark each.
- The Result of the same will be declared on May 22, 2021 (11 AM) on WhatsApp Group made for the purpose.
- The Top 10 from Round 1 will be sent another confirmation mail containing a link to join a new WhatsApp Group for the Round 2 Quiz.
- Round 2 will be held on May 23, 2021 (06:30 PM to 06:45 PM).
- Round 2 will consist of 15 Multiple Choice Questions of 1 Mark each.
- The Result of the same will be declared on May 24, 2021 (11 AM) on WhatsApp Group made for the purpose.
MODE OF PLAY
- The quiz will be played via Google Forms.
- The Link for the quiz will be sent on the WhatsApp Group so formed for the quiz.
- The link for joining the WhatsApp group for the Quiz will be sent in the confirmation mail, once the participant successfully submits the registration form for the same.
- Organizers will not be responsible for any technical error in the registration for the quiz competition or any connectivity/device failure during the Quiz.
|TASK||DATE||DAY & TIME|
|Release of Registration Form||May 10, 2021||Monday|
|Last Date of Registration||May 18, 2021||Tuesday midnight|
|Quiz Competition (Round 1)||May 21, 2021||Friday from 06:30 PM to 07:00 PM|
|Result Declaration (Round 1)||May 22, 2021||Saturday at 11 AM|
|Quiz Competition (Round 2)||May 23, 2021||Sunday from 06:30 PM to 06:45 PM|
|Result Declaration (Round 2)||May 24, 2021||Monday at 11 AM|
|Receiving of Certificates||May 31, 2021||Monday|
- The 1st Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 750 + Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- The 2nd Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 500+ Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- The next top 10 winners will get a Certificate of Recognition (E-Certificate).
- All the participants of the Quiz will be given the Certificate of Participation (E-Certificate).
Dr. Pushpinder Kaur, Associate Professor (Law), University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh
Kindly mail your queries at – [email protected]
In case of any General Query, Doubt or Problem, feel free to contact our student convenors at:
Vaibhav Goyal: 9781520216
Tanya Singla: 8699301897
Supriya Aggarwal: 9501641789
In case of query about Confirmation Mail and WhatsApp Group, feel free to contact:
Rabia Mittal: 9780212040
Sahil Jain: 9468031236