H.S.N.C. Board’s Kishinchand Chellaram Law College, Mumbai presents Short Film Making Competition
ABOUT THE COLLEGE:
Kishinchand Chellaram Law College, popularly known as K.C. Law College, is one of the premier law institutions in the city of Mumbai imparting legal education since 1955. It is permanently affiliated with the University of Mumbai and recognized under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of the UGC Act. Bearing in mind that law is an instrument of social change; the College has adopted a motto which says “Law is the King of Kinds”.
The aim of K.C. Law College is to promote excellence in legal studies and its mission is to provide legal knowledge through theory and practice and to make the study of law socially relevant and fruitful. The College is the only Law College in Mumbai to be chosen and ranked 5th amongst Top Leading Law Schools of Super Excellence in India by Competition Success Review Magazine in the June 2020 edition. The College is also chosen and ranked 32nd amongst all the Law Colleges and Law Universities in India, by India Today Magazine in July 2020 edition. The College is also ranked 2nd in Colleges with the Best Male-Female Student ratio and ranked third in the Government Law Colleges with Lowest Course Fees –India Today in July 2020 edition.
ABOUT LEGAL AID:
The State Article 39-A of our Constitution enjoins the State to provide free legal aid to ensure that opportunities for securing justice are not denied to any citizen on account of poverty or other disabilities. The enactment of the Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987 is one of the steps for establishing a society in which social, economic and legal justice is available to all on equal footing. Legal aid allows people who would not otherwise be able to afford it to get help for their legal problems.
Kishinchand Chellaram Law College implements various legal aid projects in collaboration with the legal aid services authority of the Bombay High Court. The college also adopts a village and creates legal awareness amongst villagers. Activities such as street plays and hand-made posters are been used to create awareness amongst the citizens.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Students from any field can participate in the competition.
- All entries must be submitted online. No entries will be accepted offline.
- Students can participate as an individual or as a team not exceeding 3 members per team.
- Teams may include others apart from team members to make the short film. However, only the registered team members will be considered as participants.
- One participant or team can submit only one film, if more than one film is submitted then the first movie submitted will be considered.
- E-certificate will be issued to all participants.
- Top 03 winners will be awarded an E-certificate of merit & Trophy.
- The short film must be to spread awareness about the law and making people aware of their rights. The participants must adhere to the theme as provided.
- The short film cannot be a documentary.
- The short film could be shot using a mobile phone camera or any other camera as per the convenience of the participant.
- Participants should ensure that the film resolution is 720p or higher and is audible clearly.
- Films may be in any language or have no dialogue at all. Non-English audio (and important on-screen text) must have English subtitles.
- The total runtime of the short film must be a minimum of 1 minute and a maximum of 3 minutes. Opening and/or closing credits are not compulsory, but (if added) may add up to an additional 15 seconds in total.
- The short film may be shot in MPEG4 or AVI format.
- The file size should not exceed 100 MB.
- The content must be ORIGINAL. Each participant is responsible for the content of his/her work and for any possible copyright problems.
Registration & Submission
Last date to register – 21st March 2021 (No Registration fee applicable)
Register using link https://forms.gle/TPo5JU32qaEpAYE39
Last date to submit- 22nd March 2021 (11:59pm)
All short films must be emailed to [email protected] No entries will be accepted via WhatsApp or any other means.
Ms. Tina Makhijani- 77189 98298
Ms. Simran Singh- 95112 49694