Law Audience’s Webinar on Legality of US Sanctions on International Criminal Court [Apr 28th, 3 to 4 PM]: Register Now
About Law Audience:
Law Audience is an online legal platform that is aimed at spreading the legal education and other opportunities related to the field of law among the legal audience as much as possible.
About the Webinar:
Law Audience is organising a free webinar on 28th April 2021 from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM. Venues are Zoom & YouTube Live-Streaming (no e-certificate for YouTube Live-Streaming). Limited seats are available for the Zoom Meeting. Free e-certificates will be issued for the Zoom Meeting only subjected to T&Cs.
Theme: “Legality of US Sanctions on International Criminal Court”.
The Trump administration had sanctioned the International Criminal Court for opening an investigation in Afghanistan. The talk highlights the legality of US sanctions from the perspective of International Law.
- It shall be an online event.
- It is open for Students, Lawyers, Research Scholars, Teachers, Judges, Professionals and Academicians or for anyone who is interested in the topic of the Webinar.
Mr. Atul Alexander, Asst. Prof (Law), West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences:
Mr. Alexander completed his LLB (hons) from school of excellence in Law and LLM from Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University; he was a gold medallist and university topper both at LLB and LLM. Mr Atul Alexander is presently Assistant Professor of Law at West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (WBNUJS).
Mr Atul Alexander is also selected as a visiting research scholar at the prestigious Stockholm Centre for International Law, U.S Naval War College, United States. Mr. Atul Alexander has written extensively on International Law and some of his works were cited by the New York Times, South China Morning Post etc.
Further, he has judged several prestigious moot court competitions which include the Jessup Indonesia and Egypt national rounds and Stetson India rounds quarter-finals, Herbert Smith Freehills corporate law moot etc. He has authored a chapter for class 12 CBSE legal studies (international Law) EBC publication. He has also participated in International conferences in Indonesia, the Philippines, and China etc to name some.
Currently, Mr. Atul Alexander is part of a major research project on the “Collaborative Engagement for Research, Training and Developing in Handling of Chemical and Hazardous Waste” eastern region partner; the project is undertaken in collaboration with the Ministry of Environment and Forest (MoEF) and National Law School of India University (NLSIU) Bangalore. Mr Atul Alexander is presently pursuing his PhD on the topic “The Concept of Peremptory Norm in General International Law”.
The registration link will be closed at 10:00 AM on 28th of April 2021 or earlier (If we cross the maximum participants’ limit allowed on the Zoom. In that case, you can watch the meeting live on our YouTube Channel @Law Audience). For full registration and requirement, details download the official notification, link is given at the bottom of this post.
NIL, there are no registration charges, anyone can join the webinar free of cost.
Provisions Regarding Claiming Free E-Certificate:
You are eligible for claiming a free e-certificate, if you fulfills the following conditions namely;
- If you join the meeting on Zoom (no e-certificate for YouTube Live-Streaming);
- And you remain in the Zoom Meeting for minimum 25 minutes;
- After the end of the webinar session, a link of the YouTube Video of the said webinar will be provided on your email address to share the feedback. You have to share your feedback on the same day otherwise you’ll be disqualified from claiming a free e-certificate;
- You must adhere to the provisions of attendance, requirements for joining the webinar and important instructions mentioned in the official notification;
- Free e-certificate will be provided within 7 days from the date of the webinar.
Contact Person Name: Mr. Varun Kumar, Founder-Chief Executive Officer, Law Audience.
Contact Number: +91-8351033361.