National E-Seminar on “Covid-19: Impact on Employment and Labour” Organize by Anand Law College & Anand College of Legal Studies on 20th February 2021
Anand Law College is a legal establishment recognized by the Bar Council of India, New Delhi since 1964 and is motivated by highly enthusiastic professionals under the guidance and supervision of the great visionary Late Dr. Gordhanbhai Shanabhai Patel (Vakil Saheb).
The college is managed by Shri Ramkrishna Seva Mandal, Anand and has been rendered an authenticity for permanent recognition to oﬀer various Law Programmes. like 5-year Integrated Law Courses -B.A.LL.B; & B.B.A.LL.B; Three Year Law Courses – LL.B. (CBCS), LLM (Business Law), Diploma Courses – D.T.P. & D.L.P. Its affiliation is with Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar.
Anand College of Legal Studies
Anand College of Legal Studies is a legal institution recognized by the Bar Council of India, New Delhi since 2016. College is managed by Shri Ramkrishna Seva Mandal, Anand and has been granted permanent recognition to oﬀer various Law programs. It is affiliated to Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar. ACLS is one of the best law colleges in Gujarat which provides various law courses like Three Year Law Course – LL.B. (CBCS), LLM (Constitutional Law & Criminal Law).
About the Seminar
Presently the entire world is facing the serious challenge of pandemic Covid-19. More than 8 Crores of people were aﬀected by the Virus and more than 1700000 died. In India, more than 10000000 people were aﬀected by the virus, with the loss of more than 100000 life.
The impact of lockdown is turning out to be immense. Since economic activities have come to a standstill, factories are not running, establishments are closed, and most markets are shut, there is a disruption in work, wages/income and food all three are interconnected for crores of people in India.
Almost 90 per cent of workers in India work in the informal economy–that part of the economy which thrives on daily work, and daily cash, with little provisions of employment protection. The current lockdown has exposed millions of workers and their families to starvation, hunger, death and very bleak future prospects. Job loss is the most severe immediate impact of COVID-19 crisis.
The objectives of the seminar are as follows :
- To study and solve the problems of the workmen relating their wages, basic requirement.
- To come up with strong suggestions/recommendations which will help the government to make sound policy for the problems faced by the workman.
- To analyse the economic condition of India during Covid-19.
- To study the eﬀectiveness and enforceability of various labours laws during the Pandemics
With the mentioned aim and objectives, the sub themes of the seminar are as follows :
- Payment of Wages to the Workmen during Pandemic.
- Retrenchment of workers due to lockdown.
- The exodus of migrant workmen from the place of employment to their native place.
- Steps were taken by the government regarding their basic needs during the lockdown.
- Lack of job security during Pandemic.
- Job loss: Most severe immediate impact of Covid-19.
Above themes are only illustrative but not exhaustive. The paper presenters may select the related topic covered under the main theme.
Registration Fees : 100 Rupees
Link for Registration : https://forms.gle/dcffinuYxjdcV86h7
Online Platform Mode: Google Meet (The link will be provided later.)
Hardcopy of the certificate will be provided.
Call for Papers
Seminar papers are invited from faculties, lawyers, social activists, research scholars and students on any sub thematic areas or it could be submitted on the main theme in general. All the papers will be submitted to the panel of the editorial board to examine originality and contribution to academics. Every author has to submit an undertaking of its originality and no copyright violation with their research paper. Best three research papers will be rewarded. Selected Qualitative research paper will be published which will be collected by 15th February 2021.
Guidelines for Paper Submission
- Research paper presenter is expected to apply research skill and use appropriate research methodology. It is necessary that every paper is confined to the main theme or sub-themes of the seminar. It should have proper research questions and also suggest the outcomes of research with the findings. The paper should not contain more than 4000 words.
- It must be typed in Times New Roman Font Size 12 on A4 size paper with 1” margin on all sides with
- 1.5 line spacing using MS Word. Submission of an empirical research paper is appreciated, but the researcher is expected to submit an analysis of substantive data and sample report.
Submission Details :
Kindly send your abstract or full papers soft copy/electronic form only on following email id : [email protected] . Every paper presenter is required to submit an abstract of 350 words with keywords stating the Statement of problem, research questions, and methodology applied in the paper with major expected findings.
Important Dates :
|Abstract Submission||10th February 2021|
|Submission of Paper||15th February 2021|
|Confirmation||16th February 2021|
|Registration Close on||15th February 2021|
Mr Hemantbhai J. Patel (Advocate)
President, Shri Ramkrishna Seva Mandal, Anand.
Smt. Jyotsanaben K. Patel (B.E.)
Hon. Secretary, Shri Ramkrishna Seva Mandal, Anand.
Mr. M. B. Prajapati
Director, Anand Law College, Anand.
Dr Rekhakumari R. Singh I/c Dean, Faculty of Law, Sardar Patel University &
I/c Principal, Anand College of Legal Studies, Anand.
Dr. Amitkumar Parmar
Principal, Anand Law College,
Ms Anjana Solanki
Anand College of Legal Studies, Anand.
Mr. Ranvirsinh M. Mahida
Adhyapak Sahayak, Anand Law College, Anand.
Anand Law College
Ph. (02692) 252034, Fax : 253925
E-mail : [email protected]
Anand College of Legal Studies
Ph. (02692) 252033
E-mail : [email protected]