The 3rd Bhimotsav 2021 (Online) is being organized by the Faculty of Law, the University of Lucknow on 13th & 14th April 2021
About the Institute
Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow has been a pioneer legal institution in India. It was established in 1921. The Faculty offers Undergraduate, Post-Graduate, Doctoral and Post-Doctoral Courses.
About the Event
In Commemorative Memory of Dr B.R. Ambedkar on his 130th Birth Aniversary & to recognize Babasaheb’s contribution to academia, we are organizing BHIMOTSAV on 13th & 14th April 2021.
The program comprises of the following events:
- Quiz – will be conducted on 13th April 2021 (timings will be notified via WhatsApp or Email).
- National Essay Writing Competition
- Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Memorial lectures – will be conducted on 14th April 2021 (timings will be notified via WhatsApp or Email)
- Life and Struggle of Dr. Ambdekar
- Legal and Constitutional Vision of Dr. Ambedkar
- Philosophical, Religious, Economic and Reformist Vision of Dr. Ambedkar. against the motion.
Essay writing Topics:
- Role in India’s Independence Movement
- As a Chief Architect of the Indian Constitution
- Bringing Untouchables to the mainstream of Indian Society
- Changing hierarchical structures of Indian Society
- Role in shaping the Legal Rights of women in India
- Majoritarianism and Governanace
- Dr. Ambedkar and revival of Buddhism after Independence.
Students/Research Scholars enrolled in any UG/PG/Ph.D. course, Academicians associated with any educational institution (University/College), Professionals across various fields practising in India.
- All the events will be conducted in online mode.
- Links & all necessary information regarding the event will be provided to the participants by WhatsApp or Email.
Guidelines for Essay Submission:
• Language: Hindi or English
• The participants shall submit their work by 11:59 PM, 11th April 2021.
• The essay shall be submitted via email at [email protected] and the subject of email shall be “Essay_Your Name“.
• The mail body shall consist of Name, College & Contact Number.
• An article can be co-authored by a maximum of two participants.
• The word limit of the article should be 1200- 1500 words.
• Plagiarism is strictly prohibited and will be monitored.
• Guidelines for the article are as follows: Font: Times New Roman Font for English and Kruti Dev 10 for Hindi Size: 12 for the body, 14 for titles Citation: Bluebook 19th Edition The article will be evaluated on the basis of Grammar, Understanding of topic, Expression, Research, and Coherence.
- Quiz: Rs. 30 per person
- Essay writing: Rs. 50 for Single Author; Rs. 75 with Co-author (maximum 2).
- Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Memorial Lectures: Rs. 20 per person.
- E-certificates to attendees of 1st Dr. Ambedkar Memorial Lectures;
- Cash prize and e-certificate to the winner of Bhimotsav National Essay writing Competition & Quiz competition.
- E-certificate to runner up & e-certificate of participation to all participants.
- The last date of the Essay Submission is 11th April 2021 (by 11:59 PM).
- The last date of registration for all other events is 11th April 2021 (by 11:59 PM).
Shashank Patel: 8707072271
Kunwar Shashank: 9721595177
Vishal Singh: 8004593700