SAHITYA – The Literary Society of the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies School of Law, Bengaluru Campus is organizing its second National Essay Writing Competition through online submissions.
The objective of the essay writing competition is to bring out the creative writing talent of law students across the country on issues of contemporary and national importance.
- 1) Impact of CSR mandate on Indian Companies
- 2) Growth of Corporate Governance in the Era of Scams
- 3) The challenge of electronic commerce in relation to traditional law
- 4) Advertising Law: Observing the Fine line Amongst Online Advertising and the Law
- 5) Mergers and Acquisitions; Considerations in the COVID- 19 Era
The competition is open for participation to LLB students, LLM students, Research Scholars and working legal professionals as well.
- The word limit of the essay should be minimum 2000 words and maximum 4000 words including footnotes.
- Submissions should be made in MS WORD format.
- The article should be in Times New Roman, 12 points with 1.5 line spacing
- The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, 10 points with single line spacing
- All submissions should be accompanied by a separate cover page with the following details:
- Title of the Essay
- Name of the Author(s)
- Working Professional/Student
- Designation/Year of Study
- Institutional Affiliation
- Current Address
- Email address(es) of the author(s)
- Contact number(s) of the author(s)
- Any submission not accompanied by the abovementioned details shall be rejected.
- Plagiarism in any form is discouraged.
- The work should be the original unpublished work of the Author.
- Co-Authorship is permitted up to two Authors per submission.
METHOD OF SUBMISSION
All submissions should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as “2nd ESSAY COMPETITION SUBMISSION”.
The deadline for submissions is on 20th April 2021
DECLARATION OF RESULTS
The results will be declared on 5th May, 2021
Evaluation will be done by a panel of judges consisting of eminent experts on the topics. All the submissions shall be sent to them and then the winners shall be ranked according to their evaluation.
1st prize: prize money worth Rs 6000, Internship at EPA Law Offices (On the basis of CV), Publication of article at International Journal Of Advanced Legal Research and winning certificate
2nd: Prize money worth Rs 4000, Internship at EPA Law Offices (On the basis of CV), Research and winning certificate
3rd prize: Internship at International Journal of Advanced Legal Research and winning certificate
All other participants shall receive participation certificates
Participants should register through the google form link attached here
- (1) Originality and clarity of content: 25 Marks
- (2) Consistency and clarity of thought: 25 Marks
- (3) Quality of analysis and Research: 25 Marks
- (4) Language, style and structure of the Essay: 25 Marks
DETAILS FOR PAYMENT
The Registration Fee is to be transferred in the account details provided below:
A/C Holder Name: PRASHUK JAIN
A/C Number: 1008010168359
Bank Name: Punjab National Bank, M Block , Govind Nagar, Kanpur , Uttar Pradesh 208006
IFSC Code: PUNB0103500
NOTE: Please attach a screenshot of the payment details to the submission email and google doc form while doing registration.
- Deadline for Registration: 10th April , 11:59 PM
- Deadline for Submission: 20th April, 11:59 PM
- Date of Result Declaration: 5th May (Tentative)
All queries about the competition should be directed to:-
NMIMS School of Law, Bangalore
Prashuk Jain (convenor)
Contact number: 7706954057
Jeetika Aggarwal (co-convenor)
Contact number: 9896588527
Copyright: The copyright for the written submissions shall remain with the Author and they are free to use their own material.