The Academy Law Review (ISSN 2278-5108), a journal of the Kerala Law Academy invites Articles, Short Articles, Case Commentaries for the Law Review. Students, Members of Academia, Researchers, and others interested may send in their work latest by 15th October 2021.
About the Journal
The Academy Law Review is a Peer-reviewed research law journal which is published by the Academy in association with the Centre for Advanced Legal Studies and Research (CALSAR). Research articles, which are approved as original, critical, substantive, thorough, and in depth, by the panel of referees consisting of the Chairman of the Editorial Board and Editorial Committee, alone are selected for publication.
The first issue of the journal was released by Mr. C.H. Mohammed Koya, Minister for Education, on 15th July 1977. Dr. Joseph Minattur was the first chief editor of the Review. Dr. K. Parameswaran took charge as the chief editor of the Review in 1978 and continued till 1998. From 1998, Dr. K.N. Chandrasekhara Pillai was the chief editor for a brief period. It is an approved research journal, and the Academy Law Review is acknowledged by judges and academicians as one of the best law journals in the country.
- All manuscripts submitted which are to be considered for publication in The Academy Law Review [AcLR] must be original works and should not have been published elsewhere.
- Authors, upon submission, communicate their acceptance of the following conditions:
- The work, upon publication, becomes the property of AcLR;
- Permissions for subsequent publication/reprint and/or derivative works must be obtained from the Editors of AcLR.
- In case of submission of an unsolicited manuscript, the submission itself does not secure a right of publication in AcLR. Subsequently, if the manuscript is found suitable for publication, as per AcLR’s standards of quality scholarship, the author(s) will receive a notification of acceptance from the Editors.
- Submission of solicited manuscripts, on invitation from the editors of AcLR, guarantees publication of the same. However, in the event that such solicited manuscript does not meet AcLR’s standards of quality scholarship, final discretion to publish the solicited manuscript vests with the Editors of AcLR.
- The Editors reserve the right to send contributions, whether solicited or unsolicited, to referee(s) for evaluation of content and quality, in which case the identities of both the Author and the Referee shall remain confidential (i.e. Double-Blind Peer Review).
- All submissions to AcLR need not be topical to the scope and theme of the Journal. [Please visit the website for details regarding the theme]
- The Editors reserve the right to request for copies of any resources or authorities cited in the submitted manuscript. The publication of the manuscript remains subject to the Authors providing such copies.
- All correspondence must be done via e-mail and should be addressed to:
The Executive Editor
- THE ACADEMY LAW REVIEW seeks submissions under the following categories:
- Articles – which deal with issues of interest and relevance and mustdemonstrate a high-level of analysis. Articles of a purely descriptive nature, unless about a development in a country or a region which may necessarily be of a descriptive nature, are not preferred. The word length of such Articles should fall within the range of 8,000-10,000 words.
- Notes – which cover a recent development or are issue-specific. The wordlimit of such Notes will be 8,000 words.
- Comments – which entail a critical analysis of an issue of relevance,including case laws and policy developments. The Word limit of such Comments will be 8,000 words.
- Book Reviews (only solicited by the Editors). The editors howeverwelcome any suggestions from academicians, scholars or publishers for Book Reviews.
- An “Abstract” containing at most 250 words must precede the body of the manuscript, except in the case of a Book Review. It must also contain the keywords used.
- The Editors follow the system of citation as prescribed in The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th Edition), and while it is not imperative, prospective authors are requested to follow the same.
- As a convention, British English shall be followed.
- To facilitate our anonymous review process, please confine your name, affiliation, biographical information, and acknowledgments to a separate cover page. Please include the manuscript’s title on the first text page.
- If contributing Authors would like to request an expedited review of their submission then, such authors are supposed to make a separate request to the same effect to the Executive Editor. Please be prepared to provide us with the following information while making the request: (1) the manuscript’s title; (2) the date by which the Author needs an answer; (3) author’s phone number and e-mail address.
- The body of the paper shall be- Font: Times New Roman
Font Size: 12; Line Spacing: 1.5
Citations- Font: Times New Roman
Font Size: 10; Line Spacing: 1
Entries for the ACLR should cover/address the latest issues pertaining to law and public policies.
Process of Submission
- Authors are requested to send the electronic version for their manuscripts to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the mail should be “Submission”.
- The manuscripts should be in either “.doc” or “.docx” format.
- In case the editors feel necessary, they may ask the authors to submit a hard copy of their manuscript, in addition to the electronic copy.
- All queries shall be addressed to the Executive Editor, at the above-mentioned email id. It is to be noted that the subject matter of such a request should be “Query”.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission’s compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word (.doc/.docx) format with minimum use of Macros.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the guidelines, which are found in the Specific Guidelines.
- In case this is your first submission, an updated C.V. mentioning the authors’ name, affiliation, qualifications, and contact details, as well as a cover letter is to be submitted along with the Manuscript.
For any doubt(s)/clarification, please contact:
- Dr. Dakshina Saraswathy, General Secretary, Kerala Law Academy Moot Court Society – +919744169215
- Renjini Ponnan Sheela, Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy – +91 79947 08480
- Salini A.P, Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy – +917012480983
- Adv. Devi Sai – +91 9072085904
- Adv. Karthika A – +91 9072085904