National Moot Court Competition for Women 2020
About the University
Jayoti Vidyapeeth Women’s University is India’s first Private State Women’s University. The state legislature of Rajasthan has established the university by the Jayoti Vidyapeeth Women’s University, Jaipur Act (Act no. 17 of 2008).
About the moot
Jayoti Vidyapeeth Women’s University is organizing a moot court competition to give exposure to students pursuing the law course to the Indian Court system& Advocacy skills.
Team Composition and Eligibility Criteria-
- Each team shall comprise of 3 members only, out of which two will be mooters and one researcher.
- The argument will be in English only.
- The competition is open for female students perusing five years or three-year LL.B course.
- Each university/institute shall be eligible to send one team. The team should not disclose the identity of their institution in course of proceedings in the courtrooms, such disclosure shall invite penalties including disqualification.
- Each team will be provided with the team codes by draw of lots followed by an exchange of memorials.
- The registration form with all team details must be submitted online and also send to the university on or before 10th March 2021.
- A registration fee of rupees 1500/- is to be sent by way of demand draft in favour of JAYOTI VIDYAPEETH WOMEN’S UNIVERSITY, Jaipur along with the registration form. The registration fee is non-refundable.
- No change in the names of the participants shall be permitted after the receipt of the registration form, except at the sole discretion of the organizers.
- After receipt of the registration form along with the demand draft, the participating team will be allotted a team code which they are required to mention on their memorial.
- Teams should clearly mention the participant’s name, contact number including year/ semester of study in the registration form.
- Teams shall not mention any details about them except the team code on the memorial.
- Dress Code- White Shirt and Black Trouser along with black coat and tie.
The Department of Law and Governance, Jayoti Vidyapeeth Women’s University Jaipur.
Convener – Dr. Beena Diwan ( Head of Department) – 9828277093
- Tanushi Sahni – 9026908182
- Hans Kumar Sharma- 7976111018
- Pranav Anand- 872650854
- Ayush Mudgal – 7073536614
- Radha – 9310790058
- Sarvesh- 9628507743