National Virtual Moot Court Competition, 2021
Padma Shri Dr. N.N. Jain National Virtual Moot Court Competition, 2021 [Nov 30-Dec 2]: Register by November 20, 2021
About the Institute
The Department is approved by the Bar Council of India and is affiliated to the Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore. The Department is currently running five-year integrated programs of B.A.LL.B. (Hons.); B.B.A.LL.B (Hons.); B.COM LL. B (Hons.), and the three-year LL.B (Hons.) course. The Department also provides for a Master’s Degree in Law i.e., LL.M. (Business Law; International Law and International Organizations and Criminal Law).
PIMR is an autonomous institute ranked ‘A’ two times by NAAC. In a short span of time, the Prestige Institute of Management and Research at Indore has established its unique identity at the national level among the top-ranking higher education institutes of India. Recently, it has been awarded ‘A++’ by NAAC in 2021. It is also an ISO 9001:2008 certified Institute. The Institute’s mission is to provide quality education in the field of management and law.
About the Competition
In these times, while we are combating the crisis which has precariously driven us to the edge of our existence, we at the Department of Law, Prestige Institute of Management and Research are committed to a show of cooperative and collective resilience. The Importance of simulation in legal education can hardly be overemphasized. The Moot Court experience is unlike any other in Law School. Learning outcome from moot hones all the skills necessary to become an excellent lawyer in today’s competitive world. Hence, we have planned to organize its 2nd edition of Padma Shri Dr. N.N. Jain National Moot Court Competition which is on a virtual platform this time provides an environment where aspiring lawyers can enhance their legal proficiencies and mooting skills with a unique concept.
Participation in the competition will be open for all bonafide law students enrolled in the 5-years integrated program and 3 years LLB program with the aim to inspire, promote, and inculcate drafting & writing techniques, oratory skills, and high-focus research acumen.
The competition strives to give a platform to the budding lawyers of our country to imbibe analytical skills in real-time situations. The aim is to engage with students and allow them to have first-hand experience of the complexities of the law.
Competition Date –30 November- 2 December 2021
Mode – Zoom Meetings
All the students who are pursuing three years or five-year Law Courses during the current academic year, from any recognized University /Law School/College/Department. A maximum of one team shall be allowed to participate from one University/Law School/College/Department.
- Commencement of online registration – 20th October 2021
- Registration closes – 20th November 2021
- Last date clarification – 22nd November 2021
- Last date for submission of soft copy of memorial – 23rd November 2021
- Draw of lots – 28th November 2021
- Researcher’s test – 29th November 2021
- Inaugural ceremony – 30th November 2021
- Preliminary round – 30th November 2021
- Quarterfinals round & semi-finals – 1st December 2021
- Final and valedictory ceremony – 2nd December 2021
Awards & Prizes
Winning Team: Rs. 11000/-
Runner-Up Team: Rs. 7000/-
Best Speaker: Rs. 2500/-
Best Memorial: Rs. 2500/-
Best Researcher: Rs. 2000/-
- The teams interested to participate are required to confirm their participation by sending an email attaching the scanned copy of Annexure-A (Registration form) given in the brochure, duly filled and screenshot of payment containing transaction number, to [email protected] stating the subject “Registration for National Moot Court Competition” by November 20th, 2021.
- Emails sent to any other address other than the above mentioned will be ignored. (Annexure-A is given in this brochure)
- The teams shall then send-
- The correctly filled printed copy of Registration form (in the format given in Annexure-A)
- A non-refundable participation fee of Rs.600/-via any of the following payment mode:
- PhonePe, Google Pay, Paytm – 70800 92775 (Shivam Mishra)
- Paytm UPI: [email protected]
- Bank Details –
Account Holder Name: Shivam Mishra
Account number: 35548492669
IFSC Code: SBIN0017331
- The teams shall send/mail a screenshot of the payment at [email protected], the mail body must clearly state the name of the participants and participating institution.
- On receipt of the printed copy of registration form & payment, the team shall be formally considered registered as a participant for the event. A confirmatory email, along with team code, shall be sent to such team within 72 hours from the date of registration. Thereafter, for all further correspondence with the organizers of the Competition and otherwise, all the registered teams shall identify and refer to themselves using the allotted team code only.
Prof. Sumit Maheshwari
Prof. Sayali Bandi
Prof. Jalaj Sarmandal
Prof. Aishwarya Naik
For any query contact –
Shivam Mishra (Convener) – 7355052554
Anshika Goel (Associate Convener) – 8839104696
Madhavi Moyde (Secretary) – 9630440977
Kshitij Rajpurohit (Secretary) – 9691563032
For more details and moot proposition please refer to the Brochure:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CzZC4m3eaSAtGV65zlQqPnZ7U75SQb9f/view?usp=