11th Edition of The Nyayavalokan: National Trial Advocacy & Judgment Writing Competition.
About the Organizer
The SVKM’s Pravin Gandhi College of Law (“PGCL”) was established in 2004 and is affiliated with the University of Mumbai. At this institution, we aim at giving students exposure to experiential learning in the varied fields of law, and in this regard, we have conducted and hosted various workshops, seminars, and competitions
About the Competition
SVKM’s Pravin Gandhi College of Law is hosting its 11th Edition of The Nyayavalokan: National Trial Advocacy & Judgment Writing Competition.
Participating in the 11th Edition of The Nyayavalokan: National Trial Advocacy & Judgment Writing Competition can be an eye-opening and exciting experience for a budding lawyer. It brings one face to face with the nuances of criminal law while promoting quick thinking and giving a novice the chance to glance into the exhilarating realm of trials which consists of an examination of witnesses and evidence amongst other things.
The Winners and Runners-up of NTA, 2022 will receive cash prizes and stellar opportunities from our collaborators.
The Best Advocate, The Second-Best Advocate, and The two Best Judgements will also receive awards.
Eligibility and Team Composition
- The Competition is open to all students, enrolled bonafide on a regular basis pursuing their bachelor’s degree in law (LLB) from any university, college, deemed university, National Law Schools, or institution imparting legal education
- The first 24 teams shall be allowed to participate on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Considering the limit on the number of teams, each University / College is permitted to be represented by ONE TEAM ONLY.
The team composition shall be of a minimum of 3 members wherein two members must be the Speakers and 1 member must be the Researcher; and a maximum of 4 members of which two speakers and two researchers are compulsory.
SVKM’s Pravin Gandhi College of Law, Mithibai College Campus, 8th Floor, Vile Parle (W), Mumbai-400056.
- Each institution must, first, provisionally register itself for the Competition by sending an Official Provisional Registration mail at email@example.com
- Only upon the confirmation of the provisional registration by the MCS, the team shall register for the Competition by filling “ADDENDUM A” also referred to as the Affidavit.
- Team members’ names shall be clearly written/typed on the form(s), with detailed attention given to the spelling of each team member’s name. The names on the Certificates shall appear in the same manner as provided in the form(s).
- The participating teams need to scan the Affidavit after filling it in and mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the transcription receipt or the screenshot of the payment made.
- Teams from each participating college are required to send a scanned copy of their duly filled Affidavit along with the Screenshot of the payment details for registration via email to email@example.com latest by 18th September 2022.
- Each college must ensure that the subject of the mail reads “Registration for Nyayavalokan 2022”. The scan copy of the duly-filled travel form is required to be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 24th September 2022. Each college must ensure that the subject of the mail reads “Travel form for Nyayavalokan 2022”. Forms received after the deadline shall not be considered.
- The participating teams are required to submit their Hard Copy of the Affidavit and the Proof of Payment on the day of the Inauguration, i.e. 6th October 2022.
- The registration fee for the said competition is Rs. 5000/- (Rupees five Thousand Only) without accommodations.
- The payment shall be made to the following bank details and the screenshot of the same shall be mailed to: email@example.com and cc to: firstname.lastname@example.org along with the Affidavit.
Name of Account: SVKM’S PRAVIN GANDHI COLLEGE OF LAW
Name of Bank: HDFC Bank
A/C NO: 03210330000171
Branch: JVPD SCHEME, M-56
Type of Account: Current Account
IFSC Code: HDFC0000321
- Winners – Cash Prize of Rs. 30,000/-
- The Runner Up Team – Cash Prize of Rs. 15,000/-
- Best Speaker – Cash Prize of Rs. 7,000/-
- 2nd Speaker – Cash Prize of Rs. 3,000/-
- Best Judgement – Cash Prize of Rs. 5,000/-
Last date to complete Final Registration: 18th September 2022.
Dates of the competition: 6th October to 9th October 2022.
The last date to seek clarifications regarding the Competition: is 18th September 2022.
- Dr. Geeta Kubsad (Faculty In-charge): +91 98202 54446
- Anushka Mansharamani (Chairperson): +91 9870700240
- Shikha Parekh (General Secretary): +91 9820060497
- Ritu Bavishi (Treasurer): +91 961916117
All information with regards to the Competition will be posted on our website: www.mootcourtsocietypgcl.com