1st Online National Memorial Writing & Drafting Competition
About The Organization
The Law Communicants is a legal tech platform for law students and aspiring lawyers. We aim to create a bridge between Students, Advocates, and Academic scholars. The Law Communicants also publishes articles, blogs, and expert opinions of ace legal professionals. The Law Communicants is a 360° platform of complete legal information – about academics, profession, and opportunities. The team also works on various law institutes and scholars across the country to collate and share knowledge.
About The Competition
Law students are very enthusiastic about participating in the moot court competition in order to improve their skills and knowledge. In a moot court competition, however, much of the credit is offered to the speakers alone, and somewhere, the importance of a high-quality memorial is overshadowed.
The drafting of memorials is one of the most important aspects of any moot court competition, and without them, no moot court competition will be as stimulating as it should be.
Thus, to highlight the importance of Moot Memorials, The Law Communicants feels privileged to announce its 1st National Memorial Drafting Competition for the budding law students all over India.
Mode Of The Competition: Online
Mr. Anuj Gupta is a first-generation lawyer with 19 years of standing at Bar. He has rich experience in handling private litigations on almost all fronts right from District Courts to the Supreme Court of India. While handling appeals at Delhi High Court and Apex Court his curiosity directed him to handle litigations at the original side as well for which he chose Tis Hazari Courts and excelled himself in all sorts of litigations for private and corporate clients on the original side as well as appellate side. He has never lost any case drafted by him, whether on the original side or the appellate side. In 2014, he was appointed as one of the Government Pleaders for Union of India for Delhi High Court and is still continues to enjoy the privilege. Additionally, he is the only advocate with the longest tenure on the advocate’s panel of the National Anti- Doping Agency, New Delhi.
- The students currently enrolled in either five years or three years LL.B. courses or LL.M. programs from any recognized University/ Law College/ College/ Institution are eligible for participation in the competition.
- There is no restriction on the number of entries from any college or university
- Each team shall consist of one individual or two individuals or three individuals that qualify the eligibility criteria.
- Multiple teams are allowed from different universities/ Law schools/ College/ Departments.
- There shall be a nominal registration fee of
- Rs. 199/- for a Single participant,
- Rs. 299/- for the team of two individuals and
- Rs. 349/- for the team of three individuals.
- Registration Link is given below- Click Here
- The registration fee shall be non-refundable and non-transferable in any circumstance.
- The last date for registration is 08:00 p.m. IST, 10th Aug 2021.
- Once a team registers by completing the formalities given, a Code (hereinafter “Team Code”) shall be assigned to the team.
Note: No approval from the respective institute of the participants is required for participation.
After the payment, all participants are required to upload screenshots of the same on the google form given below while registering.
- Last date of Registration: 08:00 PM IST, 10th August 2021
- Last date to seek clarification: 10th August 2021
- Last date for memorial Submission: 16th August 2021
- Date for Announcing Result: 05:00 PM IST 20th August 2021
Note: Every participant or team registered for the competition would be required to prepare one side memorial: Either memorial on behalf of the Petitioner/ Appellant or Memorial on behalf of the Respondent.
- The decision of the Judges shall be final regarding the outcome of the results.
- No additional documentation will be allowed.
- The organizers reserve the right to take any action against unethical, wrongful or unprofessional conduct.
- If there is any situation, not covered by the rules, the decision of the organizers shall be final and binding.
- The organizers reserve the right to amend the rules. However, due notice shall be provided to all participating teams.
- The participants are always required to comply with the rules formulated by the organizing Committee. In case of any non-compliance with the rules of the competition, the penalty may be imposed by deduction of marks.
- All certificates shall be in digital form & digitally signed and will be sent on the e-mail id provided in the google form.
- Participants are advised to check their mailboxes regularly for updates.
- In the case of a tie, the higher rank would be determined on the basis of the least time taken by the participant in the submission of the memorial.
Awards: PRIZES WORTH RS. 10,000/-
- BEST TEAM (1st Position) – Prize worth Rs. 2000/- + Certificate of Excellence + 50% Discount in Publication in Journal having ISSN No.
- Runner Up Team (2nd Position) – Prize worth Rs. 1000/- + Certificate of Excellence + 50% Discount in Publication in Journal having ISSN No.
- 3rd Position – 5th Position: Certificate of Merit + Complimentary Publication in The Law Communicants Blogs.
All the participants who will register for this event will receive “CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION”
E-mail: [email protected]
WhatsApp number: 9971912048 (WHATSAPP ONLY)
Note: if in case of any query, participants can drop a message on WhatsApp on the number given above and they will receive a call from the concerned authority in 24 hours to resolve their query.
File Name: 1st-Memorial-Drafting-Competition-Brochure.pdf