Call for Research Assistants at Hoot Welfare Society
About Hoot Welfare Society
Hoot Welfare Society is a Non-Governmental Organization dedicated to nurturing students for a better world. It aspires to facilitate students to harness their knowledge and intelligence in a smart way for the welfare of society working in the field of nourishment. Seeking student’s nourishment is its main focus. Students themselves do charity in a fair & smart way with their knowledge and intelligence. Currently, Hoot Welfare Society is working in the five domains:
- Smriti (Social Nourishment)
- Jeev Sharan Grah (Animal Nourishment)
- Heal (Medical Nourishment)
- Swaraj (Student Nourishment)
- Law Bloom (Legal Nourishment)
Swaraj is one of the domains of Hoot Welfare Society which provides various opportunities for the student nourishment where a student can enhance their knowledge. Under this domain, we offer internship opportunities; strengthen research skills, analytical and critical thinking skills, presentation and communication etc. Thence, it is the best platform to teach students to build their interest. Students whose interests are in socio-contemporary matters are preferable.
The purpose of calling for a research assistant is to give a chance to those who wish to improve their writing skills and contribute to the organization. The Editorial board will help the research assistants in writing and provide a path to the learners. The following are the rules and responsibilities of the research assistant.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Research Assistant shall submit at least one article/essay every 21 days on a subject of contemporary socio-legal concern.
- The Editorial Board shall give a set of topics to choose from, and the research assistants are free to choose any topic given by the Editorial Committee.
- The research assistants are also free to choose their own topic with prior permission from the Editorial Committee.
- Failure to abide by the topic without prior permission shall be strictly dealt with.
- The topics shall be given out in the first week of every alternate month (the month subsequent to the submission month).
- Each research assistant shall submit a write-up within the word limit of 1000-1500 words.
- Research Assistants are expected to submit their write-ups at the given time.
- The write-ups must be original work of the research assistant, and any write up with more than 15% plagiarism shall be rejected.
- Research Assistants will get due credit for their write-ups.
No. of Positions Required
The Research Assistants will be given a certificate on successfully completing their tasks/jobs which will mention their tasks and publications if any.
Application Procedure & Deadlines
One can apply by sending one’s CV (strictly in PDF) & writing sample published or unpublished* (*optional) to [email protected]. Please use – “Application for Research Assistant” as the subject of the mail.
Deadline for application
10th of March, 2021
For any query contact at [email protected]