School of Law, Bennett University, Greater Noida, is organizing a one-day International Conference on “Globalisation of Professional Legal Education: Constitutional Conspectus” on 3rd April 2021 (Saturday).
About the School of Law, Bennett University
Bennett University has been established by theTimes Group’, India’s largest media conglomerate, and offers unique inter-disciplinary and contemporary courses through its Schools of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Management, Law and Media & Liberal Arts. In addition, the University has also established the Centres for Innovation & Entrepreneurship and External Relation & Executive Education. Bennett University established the School of Law with a vision to strive for excellence in teaching, research, and advocacy towards Justice for all by shaping thought leaders in public policy of National and International dimensions.
About the conference
India’s New Education Policy, 2020 is a good step in changing the higher education in the country. The New Education Policy aims to create a global education environment in India. It promises to facilitate the entry of the world’s top universities through a statutory enactment for this purpose. Thereby, it shall allow foreign universities to set up offshore campuses in India. This would substantially alter the dynamics of higher education in India.
The conference aims to deliberate how this policy would ensure and enhance the protection and promotion of constitutional and cultural values in wake of privatization, globalization, and commercialization of education. Another aspect is the extent to which the states will regulate these foreign universities while respecting their autonomy. The redressal mechanisms within the Constitutional Scheme require an academic discourse. The advantages and disadvantages of a centralized unitary approach to education versus a federal structure as it exists today require discussion with all stakeholders.
This calls for a stock-taking of the evolution of educational federalism in India and the learnings from the past. The international nature of the conference will allow the discussants and participants to learn from different stakeholders, their concerns, experiences, and the best practices and models adopted in different countries. Therefore, the conference is timely in its attempt to delve and deliberate on the globalizing professional education from a constitutional conspectus.
Theme: Globalisation of Professional Legal Education: Constitutional Conspectus.
- New Education Policy vis-à-vis Global Legal Education.
- Globalization of education: Private versus Public Universities in India
- Constitution and right to global legal education.
- Commercialization of education and socio-economic implications including on gender, caste, economy, etc.
- Institutional framework and regulatory bodies
- Any other related topic.
Eligibility: Any interested student, researcher, academician, or policymaker from Indian and foreign institutions can submit their abstract for consideration.
Mode of Conference: Considering the present COVID-19 pandemic and government advisory, the conference will be organized in the online/virtual mode. If there are any changes, participants would be advised accordingly.
Abstract submission guidelines
- Each applicant must submit a 500-word abstract providing an overview of the proposed paper by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 25th February 2021.
- A maximum of 5 keywords is to be provided along with the abstract.
- Co-authorship is permissible by up to two authors only.
- Acceptance of the abstracts shall be communicated via email by 28th February 2021.
- On selection of the abstract, the author(s) must pay the required fees no later than 10th March 2021. The link for the payment portal shall be sent to the authors whose abstract would be selected along-with the acceptance mail.
- The abstract must contain details about the names of the author(s), contact details, institutional affiliation, and designation.
Paper Submission Guidelines
- The last date for submission of the full-length paper is 20th March 2021.
- All papers must be submitted to email@example.com
- The full-length paper should not exceed 6000 words (exclusive of footnotes). It must have the abstract and details of the authors.
- In the case of co-authorship, at least one author must attend the seminar to present the paper.
- The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and spacing of 1.5.
- The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single spacing.
- Referencing style: 20th Blue Book edition.
- Plagiarism: All submissions must be the author’s original and unpublished work.
- The paper must be submitted in word document (.doc or .docx) format only.
- Papers selected for oral presentation will again be subjected to double-blind peer review before it is published in the Book carrying ISBN.
- Abstract Submission deadline: 25th February 2021.
- Date of Communication of acceptance of abstract: 28th February 2021.
- Date of Payment of Registration Fee: On selection of the abstract, the author(s) must pay the required fees no later than 10th March 2021. The link for the payment portal shall be sent only to the authors whose abstract would be selected along-with the acceptance mail. For registration, proof of payment indicating the transaction reference number along with full name, affiliation and email id must be sent by 10th March 2021 to the email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full Paper submission by 20th March 2021.
- Registration Fees for Paper presentation:
A. Academicians/ Professionals: Single Author: Rs. 1500
B. Students and PhD. Research Scholars: Rs. 750
Registration Fees for participation without a paper presentation:
Rs. 200. [ with certificate]- please send a mail for participation registration with name, designation, affiliation to email@example.com.
In-absentia presentations are not allowed.
Organizing Team and Contact Details
- Patron: Prof. (Dr.) Nuzhat Parveen Khan, Dean, School of Law, Bennett University
- Dr. Garima Tiwari, Assistant Professor, School of Law, Bennett University at firstname.lastname@example.org; Contact: +91-8349993098
- Ms. Swati Bawa, Programme Coordinator, School of Law, Bennett University: email@example.com