Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education (IDIA) Funfest 2021
Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education (IDIA) is a non-profit organization working in India which aims to empower underprivileged children by giving them access to quality legal education. IDIA was envisioned by the late Prof. (Dr.) Shamnad Basheer in the year 2010 from West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences. It is a pan-Indian, student-run movement to train underprivileged students and help them transform into leading lawyers and community advocates.
To ensure that the underprivileged communities can empower themselves through legal education, IDIA student volunteers conduct sensitizations across India to:
- Spread awareness among underprivileged children about opportunities in pursuing law as a career
- Select promising students and provide training for law entrance examinations, including the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT)
- Provide financial aid and mentorship to underprivileged children once they secure an admission to a leading law school.
The different chapters of IDIA also organize fundraising events for the IDIA Charitable Trust.
About the Event
As a part of its fundraising initiative, the Assam Chapter of Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education (IDIA) is all excited to present IDIA FUNFEST 2021. The fundraiser consists of six online quizzes and one online essay competition.
- 1. Inquest: General Quiz, 18th March, 6 PM-7 PM
- 2. Wafer and Wayfarer: Food & Travel Quiz, 18 March, 8 PM-9 PM
- 3. Lights, Camera, Action: Pop Quiz, 19th March, 6 PM-7 PM
- 4. Amicus Curiae: Legal Quiz, 19th March, 8 PM-9 PM
- 5. Here We Go: Sports Quiz, 20th March, 6 PM-7 PM
- 6. Balance Sheet: Biz Quiz, 20th March, 8 PM-9 PM
- 7. Cyaahi: Essay Competition (For Law Students Only), 21st March, 11 AM-12:30 PM
Deadline : 18th March, 12 Noon
Contribution: INR 20 for each competition. Register at https://forms.gle/c7k2FrD6d4tEDtP96 The rules and other details are provided in the brochure attached with the Google Form.
The winner of each competition will receive a certificate. Additionally, the winner of the Cyaahi: Essay Competition will be provided with an opportunity to intern with IDIA for one month.