NLIU-Ikigai Policy Case Competition by NLIU Cell for Law and Technology and Ikigai Law: Register Now!
Table of Contents
- About the NLIU Cell for Law and Technology (NLIU-CLT)
- About Ikigai Law
- About Techtonic 2023
- About the NLIU – Ikigai Policy Case Competition
- THEME FOR THE NLIU-IKIGAI POLICY CASE COMPETITION
- Perks and Benefits
- Important Dates
About the NLIU Cell for Law and Technology (NLIU-CLT)
The NLIU Cell for Law and Technology (NLIU-CLT) was constituted at National Law Institute University (NLIU), Bhopal in the year 2019. It aims to create and promote an environment of debate and discussion on issues relating to Technology Law. The Cell has been continuously taking efforts to engage in a variety of activities to keep up with its vision to be ahead of the curve when it comes to the intricate interactions between technology and legal policy. When it comes to the intricate interactions between technology and legal policy, the Cell wants to be ahead of the curve.
About Ikigai Law
Ikigai Law is an award-winning technology law firm. The firm has a reputation for helping emerging-tech businesses navigate complex regulatory and policy environments. It is consistently ranked as a leading law firm for innovative technologies, data protection, and fintech. The firm finds itself assisting clients in a growing list of tech and innovation sectors. Their work spans data protection, blockchain, digital gaming, digital payments, drones, health-tech, cloud, artificial intelligence (AI), online gaming, telecom and others. They have advised on several first-to-market business models including on India’s first crypto-exchange and a first-of-its-kind satellite launch in India. The firm was awarded the Mid-size Law Firm of the Year by Idex Legal. Asian Legal Business awarded Ikigai Law the Boutique Law Firm of the Year and named it among the best law firms to work for in Asia in 2019.
About Techtonic 2023
The NLIU-CLT Technology and Law Fair: ‘Techtonic’ is a major flagship event organized by the NLIU Cell for Law and Technology annually. It provides a chance for aspiring lawyers to explore their talent as policy professionals as well as gain insight into various technology law related issues. The two major highlights of this event are the NLIU-Ikigai Policy Case Competition which provides the students with an opportunity to question, analyse and improve upon the law on a pressing policy matter and the Round Table Conference which includes a panel discussion with renowned industry experts.
‘Techtonic 2023’ which is the second edition of CLT’s flagship event, is scheduled to be held from 10th – 12th February, 2023. The winners shall be awarded an Internship Opportunity with Ikigai Law.
About the NLIU – Ikigai Policy Case Competition
The NLIU-Ikigai Policy Case Competition, a one-of-a-kind competition in India, is hosted annually by the NLIU Cell for Law and Technology, as part of Techtonic,in order to inspire students to think critically, analytically, and creatively and to put forth policy proposals on real life issues. The Cell is excited to organize the second iteration of the Competition this year, which will include participation from law students throughout the nation and abroad. Ikigai Law has consented to be our Law Firm Partner for the same.
This year the Competition will be held entirely in a physical setup. The teams shall be asked to put forth policy proposals that will address the policy questions put before them. The submissions made by them will undergo review by the team at Ikigai and the qualifying teams will be expected to give an oral presentation before a panel of judges. After the first presentation (Preliminary Round), all participants shall be given a detailed feedback pursuant to which they will be given an opportunity to revise their proposal within a day’s time. Mentors shall be provided for the day. Selected teams shall then present their revised proposals in front of the judges for the final round. The winner shall be decided on the basis of both written submission and final oral presentation.
THEME FOR THE NLIU-IKIGAI POLICY CASE COMPETITION
Theme: Internet Platform Regulation
The internet and large internet platforms are all pervasive in today’s world. One of the key challenges of our time is to find the sweet spot of regulation which balances user interests, regulatory concerns and the need to allow innovative businesses to flourish. These are hard questions which countries all over the world are grappling with at the moment. Participants will be required to suggest a model for platform regulation that is best suited to India. This will involve examining and evaluating approaches to platform regulation across the globe and assessing whether these work for India.
Perks and Benefits
- Participants shall be given an opportunity to be a part of the Two Round Table Conferences this year, conducted as part of Techtonic 2023. The Round Table Conference shall include panelists who are the corps d’elite of the trade from across the nation and abroad. The Conference shall be graced by academicians as well as industry experts from various renowned law firms who shall present their viewpoints. All the participants of Techtonic shall have the opportunity to witness it on our scenic campus.
- All registered candidates shall have the opportunity to attend an Online Session on ‘How to Write a Policy Proposal’ by Ikigai Law.
- Winners shall have the opportunity to intern with Ikigai Law.
- Various publication opportunities shall be provided to the top ten policy proposals.
- All teams shall get a chance to impress various think tanks and NGOs to land long term internship and mentoring opportunities on their proposed policies.
- All teams shall have the opportunity to interact with and get mentoring sessions with industry experts from think tanks and law firms.
- All teams shall have the opportunity to interact and collaborate with like-minded peers and colleagues.
- A Certificate of Participation shall be awarded to all participants.
The detailed rulebook for the written rounds shall be published after the problem is released.
The detailed rulebook for the oral rounds shall be published after registrations close.
- Registration Opens: 9 November 2022
- Online Session on ‘How to Write a Policy Proposal’ by Ikigai Law: 20 November 2022 (The link to join the session shall only be sent to registered candidates)
- Release of the Policy Problem: 20 November 2022
- Registration Closes: 18 December 2022
- Deadline for Written Submission for the Policy Case Competition: 18 December 2022
- Declaration of Result of the Written Submissions: 9 January 2023
- Dates for Oral Presentation: 10 February 2023 – 12 February 2023
Registration Link: https://forms.gle/fy8DGaAVsiTohXrt5
Contact Details: In case of any queries, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Official Website: For more details, please visit https://clt.nliu.ac.in/.