ADR and the “Vanishing Trial”: The growth and impact of “Alternative Dispute Resolution”
Table of Contents
- About the Virtual Conference
- About the Organization
- Key takeaways
- About the Speakers
- Contact Information
About the Virtual Conference
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) is an alternative to the formal legal system- is an argument put forth by many. But why is it Secondary? At present, the judiciary is clogged with innumerable cases pending in various courts all over the globe.
Such a state of affairs calls for ADR to step in where the justice system fails, because, as the legal maxim goes “Justice delayed is justice denied”.
Arbitration, Mediation, Negotiation, Conciliation, Settlement, etc. are the various methods for settling disputes which have received worldwide recognition and are applied successfully, as they settle disputes in a speedy and amicable manner.
World Law Alliance brings to you: “ADR and the “Vanishing Trial”: The growth and impact of “Alternative Dispute Resolution”. An interactive session focusing on the new possibilities in the field of ADR.
About the Organization
We are the world organization, driving the new wave of dispute prevention, management, and resolution culture to secure peace and prosperity.
With accessibility to 2000+ finest dispute professionals around the world in 70+ countries as our members, and with our innovative services, leadership, education, professional standards, training, and development of new programs, WLA aims to provide a world-class experience to law students in the field of ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution) including Arbitration, Mediation, and Conciliation.
The organization endeavors to create a community, consisting of students, research scholars, and practitioners, so as to generate debate and discussion in the aforesaid areas.
Academics, Social Workers, Social Activists, Lawyers, Students, Research Scholars, Personnel from Corporates, Professionals, etc. from various fields of social work and/or law, allied subjects, and multi-disciplinary fields.
- Understand the basics of ADR.
- Develop a fair knowledge of the role of ADR in Dispute Resolution.
- Understand legal nuances around ADR.
- Understand the practical use case scenarios of ADR.
About the Speakers
- Mr. Giovanni Di Folco is the co-owner, President, and Senior Partner of Techno Engineering & Associates Group, an international ‘Techno-Legal’ consulting engineering firm specializing in contracts management, construction law, claims, and dispute resolution internationally.
- Ms. Ananya Aggarwal is a Principal Associate in the Dispute Resolution practice of the Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas. She is a member of the firm’s International Arbitration team and has successfully assisted in various high-stake arbitrations where the firm has acted for a foreign company.
- Ms. Athina Fouchard Papaefstratiou is an internationally recognized arbitration expert and independent arbitrator, based in Paris. Having worked for fifteen years in two of the most renowned international arbitration groups of global law firms and in an arbitration boutique specializing in Africa-related arbitration.
- Ms. Veerash Srikison is an admitted advocate, practicing mediator, and the director of Fair Practice, a dispute resolution services organization based in Johannesburg, South Africa. She is a cum laude graduate of the Arbitration Foundation of South Africa (AFSA – University of Pretoria) in Alternate Dispute Resolution and is the lead trainer for Fair Practice and Arbitration Foundation of South Africa in mediation and negotiation skills training.
- Ms. Praveen Sandhu presided as arbitrator in various matters with parties across Canada and in California, decided various applications brought during proceedings, and no written Awards were appealed. Mediated various types of disputes as a mediator on the roster with the California Superior Court, California Lawyers for the Arts, and as a Civil Roster Mediator in British Columbia.
Certificates for all WLA-FICM student members.
Clarifications, if any, may be sought from the WLA – World Law Alliance team by writing an email to email@example.com
Vanshika Tiwari- World Dispute Ecosystem: 7678114090
Vanishing Trial, Alternative Dispute Resolution