Call For Submissions: One Lēgālis Square [Vol 1, Issue I] (No Fee): Submit By Dec 31
Table of Contents
- Wonderful to have you here!
- Types Of Submissions
- General Guidelines For Submission
- Submission Process
- Submission Deadline
- Publication Fees
- Contact Information
Wonderful to have you here!
First and foremost, we are a community that is growing and with us we want everyone to grow, learn, adapt, and execute, and as a community, we promote cooperation and knowledge exchange. One Lēgālis Square is an initiative for the upcoming lawyers of the nation to express their opinions on social, legal, and political happenings.
There are no specific themes for paper submission for ONE LĒGĀLIS SQUARE. O.L.S seeks well-researched, high-caliber submissions on current socio-legal-political matters.
Types Of Submissions
- Long Articles (4000–7000 words, including footnotes): Authors in this category are expected to engage in a thorough discussion of a specific socio-legal subject of current interest while identifying any gaps and offering potential solutions.
- Essays/Short Articles (3000–5000 words, including footnotes): This category focuses on a thorough investigation of a socio-legal or political issue that warrants careful consideration in the current social environment.
- Blogs (Minimum 1200 words, including footnotes): This category focuses on generalised research of a socio-legal or political issue.
- Case and Legislative Comments (Minimum 2200 words, including footnotes): Authors are expected to take a critical stance against recent legal rulings and legislative initiatives. Facts, Issues, Judgment, and Critical Analysis are the mandatory headings under this category. It’s the discretion of the author to insert any more headings if needed.
- News Update (no word limit): There is no limitation to the theme or word limit of a news update. The news opinion must be on a recent topic.
General Guidelines For Submission
- Long and short articles must be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 200 words.
- There can be a maximum of two authors in one submission.
- All manuscripts must be submitted in English language only.
- The research work must be the original and unpublished work of the author(s).
- The manuscript must be drafted in Times new roman, with font size 12, line spacing 1.5, justified alignment (except the titles and ‘abstract’ caption which should be centrally aligned).
- Citation format: Journal will strictly follow the ILI rules of footnoting (available on the website of ILI, New Delhi). The footnotes must be typewritten in the font Times new roman, font size 10, line spacing 1.0, and justified alignment.
- All entries should be submitted in .doc or .docx format.
- Maximum 35% plagiarism is allowed.
Certificate of Publication and an Internship opportunity with OLS.
The submissions must be made in electronic mode only in the following ways:
- Through Google form. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1piQzXYkDjCA4DwVAtHbBPnD3gvKOZRi8TkzubC0B9nY/edit
- Via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the mail as “Submission for Volume 1 (I) of OLS”.
- The authors are also required to submit a short bio.
The last day to submit the draft for VOL 1, ISSUE I is December 31, 2022, 11.59 P.M. However, the news pieces can be submitted on a rolling basis and would be published on a priority basis.
No publication fee is charged by One Lēgālis Square.
In case of any queries, email us at email@example.com or fill out the google form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Fd_97DHVn9ih54dF8Kr0H93L77xdWF15c5pbsv2dvLg/edit.
We ensure to revert within 24 hours of the mail/form submission.