The Cable Television Networks (Regulation) Act, 1995
ACT NO. 7 OF 1995
An Act to regulate the operation of cable television networks in the country and for matters
connected therewith or incidental thereto.
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
- Short title, extent and commencement.
REGULATION OF CABLE TELEVISION NETWORK
- Cable television network not to be operated except after registration.
- Registration as cable operator.
4A. Transmission of programmes through digital addressable systems, etc.
4B. Right of way for cable operators and permission by public authority.
- Programme code.
- Advertisement code.
- Maintenance of register.
- Compulsory transmission of certain channels.
- Use of standard equipment in cable television network.
- Cable television network not to interfere with any telecommunication system.
10A. Inspection of cable network and services.
SEIZURE AND CONFISCATION OF CERTAIN EQUIPMENT
- Power to seize equipment used for operating cable television network.
- Seizure or confiscation of equipment not to interfere with other punishment.
- Giving of opportunity to the cable operator of seized equipment.
OFFENCES AND PENALTIES
- Punishment for contravention of provisions of this Act.
- Offences by companies.
- Cognizance of offences.
- Power to prohibit transmission of certain programmes in public interest.
- Power to prohibit operation of cable television network in public interest.
- Application of other laws not barred.
- Power to make rules.
- Repeal and savings.