HNLU is organizing a two-day National Conference on Tribal Transitions in India: Issues, Challenges, and the Road Ahead that is scheduled on 26-27 November 2021.
Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU) was established under the Hidayatullah National University of Law, Chhattisgarh, Act, (No. 10 of 2003). It is recognized by the University Grants Commission u/s 2(f) and 12(B) of the UGC Act, 1956 and also by the Bar Council of India u/s 7 (1) of the Advocates Act, 1961. With various accolades from reputed institutions and rankings, HNLU is set to scale new benchmarks in the years to come.
About the Conference
“Justice must not only be done but must also be seen to be done”. Law is the tool of social engineering and should be used for ensuring the development of all segments of society. The Constitution of India provides for the establishment of a uniform platform for overall development for all the members of the society and creasing out the differences between people while ensuring that special needs be taken care of.
On this National Law Day, they cordially invite you to participate in the two-day National Conference on Tribal Transition in India: Issues, Challenges, and the Road Ahead that is scheduled on 26-27 November 2021.
The tribal identity has experienced numerous changes and challenges. Even after seventy years of planned development, the financial state of tribes has not improved much and tribal regions are considered as underdeveloped in our country. Development measures in the tribal regions should consist of bringing harmony among safeguarding ancestral identity, culture, and qualities while expanding and guaranteeing their admittance to standard educational facilities, wellbeing, and vocation. Feeble land records, destitution, ignorance, and exploitation have brought about persistent drainage of assets thereby prompting the pauperization of tribal communities.
In this backdrop, the event is being organized by the Hidayatullah National Law University, Chhattisgarh in collaboration with the Tribal Research and Training Institute, Government of Chhattisgarh, and Thakur Pyarelal State Institute of Panchayat and Rural Development.
- Historical Background of Self Autonomy of the Tribals;
- A Review of PESA: The Impairment of Tribal Rights in a Decentralized Government;
- Power of Traditional System of Local Self-government in resolving the Conflict;
- Designing an Alternative Legal System for tribal governance in India;
- Gender and Customary Laws;
- Community claims on Forest Resources: A Review of Forest Rights Act, 2006;
- Culture and Ethnic Identity;
- Tribal women and empowerment;
- Contribution of Judiciary in Protection of the Rights of Tribes;
- Conditions of the Internally Displaced Tribal Population;
- Protection of IP rights and Traditional knowledge of tribes;
- Violations of the Rights of Indigenous Peoples by the Security forces and Armed Opposition Groups;
- Right to food of indigenous communities;
- Right to life and occupations of indigenous communities;
- Tribals and International Humanitarian law;
- Social justice lawyering, free legal aid for tribal communities.
These sub-themes are only suggestive areas and are not exhaustive. Papers that are not covered under the above-mentioned sub-themes but have relevance in the thrust area of the seminar may also be submitted.
- Academicians, Judges, Researchers, Professionals, Practitioners, Students of law, and allied social sciences and other stakeholders.
- Selected papers will be published in the form of an edited book by National Level Publisher with ISBN.
- Submission of Abstract: 7th November 2021
- Intimation of Abstract Acceptance: 10th November 2021
- Submission of Full Paper along with registration fee: 20th November 2021
- Date of Conference: 26 – 27 November 2021
Guidelines for Abstract Submissions
- The abstract of the paper shall consist of 200-300 words accompanied by a brief profile of the Author indicating their email ID, contact number, designation and official address.
- The word limit for papers is 3000 – 5000 words (inclusive of footnotes) in Microsoft Word Document.
- Abstracts are to be submitted at: https://forms.gle/MDeqkq6KuMQ4pBvr7
Registration Fee (to be paid after acceptance of abstract)
- For Paper Presentation
- For Academicians and Professionals: INR 1100 (in case of Co-authors INR 2100)
- For Research Scholars: INR 750 (in case of Co-authors INR 1050)
- For Students: INR 450 (in case of Co-authors INR 650)
Note: Co-authorship up to a maximum of two authors is allowed. In case co-authors from two different heads mentioned above, respective registration fees shall be paid individually. The registration fee is payable only after the acceptance of the abstract.
For participation without a presentation: INR 300 per person.
Kindly mention “For Tribal Conference” as the purpose of the transaction during payment of the fee.
- Account Holder’s Name: Registrar, Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur
- Bank Name: IDBI Bank
- Account Number: 1188102000000806
- IFSC Code: IBKL0001188
- MICR Code: 492259503
- Branch Name: HNLU Campus Branch, Uparwara, Naya Raipur
- Account Type: Current A/C
For further queries and information, please contact:
- Dr. Pankaj Umbarkar (Organizing Secretary)
- Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone Numbers: 7587017814; 9575655562;7587017945
National Conference, Tribal Transitions in India, Hidayatullah National Law University