Young Leaders Of Legal Literacy Fellow Internship Programme (apply by 22nd October)
About the Young Leaders for Legal Literacy (YLCube) Foundation
The YL3 foundation, supported by Niti Manthan, is the first of its kind pro-bono organization to develop leadership qualities among students. It amalgamates the willingness to do social good along with engaging students with the right to delegate tasks among their teammates. Through continuous mentorship, the Young Leaders will be trained to become future leaders in the socio-legal sphere.
About the YL3 Fellowship programme
YL3 Foundation is a novel initiative with the objective of percolating legal awareness in society. This provides a platform for law students to become Legal leaders to spread legal literacy and truly act as catalysts of change, at and around their law schools. Students who come from law colleges situated in tier-II cities or townships are encouraged to apply.
In phase 1, the young leaders under the program, supported by Niti Manthan, were able to reach more than 25,000 people all around India and conducted more than 100 outreach programs in rural and urban areas. Many of our young leaders got recognition from local newspapers and media channels as well.
Novelty of YL3 Fellowship Program
- Opportunity to learn the application of laws from a practical perspective.
- Opportunity to percolate legal literacy at the grassroots levels in India.
- Inculcates an environment of teamwork to bring about a change in society.
- Law and Policy students pursuing any year of study (3 year/5 year programmes) who are interested in on-ground engagement with the public to help percolate legal awareness can be part of this initiative and can harness the learning and skills.
- A Young Leader fellow would be required to conduct on-ground public engagement programmes to enhance legal literacy.
- The period of engagement would be for 4 months (Last week of October- Last week of February).
- Each Young leader has to conduct a minimum of 15 outreach programmes at the grassroots levels. · Each young leader is expected to conduct as many physical outreach programmes as possible. If there is an emergency due to the covid19 pandemic, they might opt for virtual outreach programmes.
Benefits of Being a Part of the YLcube Program
- The young leaders get hands-on experience in sharing knowledge and spreading legal literacy and truly act as catalysts of change by contributing their bit to legally aware India. Internship/fellowship certificates will be provided to all.
- Legal literacy programmes largely fall under the ambit of social work. Undertaking such programmes and initiatives look impressive on LL.M applications as Universities are looking for compassionate, socially conscious individuals apart from academic credentials.
- Networking opportunities with young leaders from other Law colleges who are like-minded passionate individuals who strive for the cause of legal literacy.
- Students get exposed to on-ground realities of the problems faced by the general public at large which helps them in developing social consciousness and a sensitive approach in understanding the interface between law and society.
- Young leaders can hone their skills of coordination, public speaking, team building, conceptualization, and execution which are critical skills needed for any law student.
- All Young leaders will be presented with a certificate certifying their contribution to the program.
- Top 5 Legal leaders which would be determined on the culmination of the 6 months tenure based on the parameters of evaluation of each outreach programme, would be felicitated with a cash award as a token of recognition, a letter of recommendation and will be offered opportunities to intern in Delhi.
- The students who aid the leader in the conduct of such programmes – the Co-leaders (students from legal aid societies, volunteers who help in organizing such programmes who belong to other educational backgrounds, etc.) will also receive a certificate from Yl3 Foundation certifying their contribution.
The students who are interested in applying to be a part of the Young leaders for Legal literacy program (YL3) would have to register at http://ylcube.nitimanthan.in/ by 22nd October 2021.
The applicants have to attach their CV and an SOP/ Vision Documents (not exceeding 500- 700 words), along with the Themes of their interest. It must contain the details of plans that the student has to promote legal literacy in his/her vicinity.
Please note, that in the case of multiple applications from a single institution, your application would be evaluated against other applicants from your institution.
Please note that the whole program is pro-bono. The foundation members, the members of the YLcube foundation, and all other associates work pro-bono for the program. Hence, no monetary transactions are involved during the fellowship program.
The Vision document/ SOP would not only be a part of the application process but a crucial component of the subsequent evaluation process of the outreach programs. The plans stated would be evaluated against each outreach program conducted by the student.
Kindly ensure that you have a clear plan of action and please do mention the skills, resources, potential outreach program locations, and any other details you deem necessary as a part of your Vision document/ SOP.
Aakriti Kushwaha – 9899367873 (WhatsApp Only)
Harita Ramachandran – 9686455649 (WhatsApp Only) Or reach us at firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com