Prestige International Model United Nations (PIMUN) 2021
About Department of Law, PIMR, Indore
Prestige Institute of Management & Research Indore is a well-established institute of Madhya Pradesh, established in the year 1994 and accredited with NAAC “A++”. DOL is a popular acronym to the Department of Law, Prestige Institute of Management & Research, Indore is an exclusive Institution dedicated to law education both at undergraduate and post-graduate levels. The Institute is approved by, “The Bar Council of India”, New Delhi, and affiliated to the Devi Ahilya University, Indore. Its pioneering and ingenious educational experiments have set it apart from other law colleges in the city and region. The department derives its potency and ethos from the qualified and dedicated faculties. The college has the unique and proud privilege of inmate association with prominent legal luminaries who regularly conduct colloquiums, workshops, and training for students despite their hectic schedules and preoccupation. The Institute provides a lifetime experience along with various amenities and facilities like international level moot court for budding global lawyers, legal aid cell, legal awareness camps, and global e-library with direct access to national and international journals, books, working papers, legal search engines, etc.
PIMUN (Prestige International Model United Nations) is a form of extracurricular activity wherein students from various colleges and schools participate as representatives of diﬀerent countries. The objective of PIMUN is to make students ﬂuent public speakers, resourceful and reliable researchers, skillful debaters, and inﬂuential leaders. PIMUN will be conducted by the Department of Law, PIMR, Indore via virtual mode. It aims to get young Indian students to become global changemakers with a broad mindset and a clear vision of the world. We are proud and rejoiced to announce that we are organizing the 1st chapter of the Prestige International Model United Nations which is to be held on 16th & 17th October 2021. PIMUN has 6 committees with an executive board that comprises some of the most notable speakers and experienced debaters in the field of International Debate and Model UN. It promises to be the most awaited conference of the year.
Committees of PIMUN
- NITI AAYOG: Question of Presidential Vs. Parliamentary Form of Governance with Lights to The Basic Structure Doctrine.
- UNODC: Peer propagation of drugs among youth and a framework to counter it.
- IPSS: The Kashmir Dispute.
- UN WOMEN: Gender equality in the 21st century using the learning from the Vedic Period.
- AIPPM: Reviewing the Farm Laws.
- UNSC: Roadmap for a peaceful Afghanistan
Anyone between the age of 14 to 25 years who is willing and interested to be a part of PIMUN.
Registration Link: http://forms.gle/7WeqLD8MF8eLz4TVA
INR ₹500/- for Indian Participants & (Dollar) $10 for Foreign Participants.
Account Holder Name: Shubhank Khare
Account Number: 6251000400020989
Bank Name: Punjab National Bank
IFSC Code: PUNB0625100
Branch: Prestige Vihar Scheme No. 74 C Vijay Nagar
UPI ID: kharericky@okicici
Best Delegate: INR 2500/- + Hammer + Certiﬁcate
High Commendation: INR 1500/- + Trophy + Certiﬁcate
Honorary Mention: INR 1000/- + Certiﬁcate
Important Dates & Time
|PIMUN Conference Date||October 16 & 17, 2021|
|Delegate Registration (Open)||September 06, 2021|
|Delegate Registration Last Date||October 06, 2021|
|Allotment of Countries/Portfolios||October 11, 2021|
|Announcement of Result||October 17, 2021|
|Distribution of Certificate||October 24, 2021|
Day 01: October 16, 2021
09:00 A.M. – 10:30 A.M. Opening Ceremony
10:30 A.M. – 11:00 A.M. Break
11:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M. Committee Session 1
1:00 P.M. – 2:00 P.M. Lunch Break
2:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M. Committee Session 2
4:00 P.M. – 4:30 P.M. High Tea Break
4:30 P.M. – 6:00 P.M. Committee Session 3
Day 02: October 17, 2021
08:00 A.M. – 09:00 A.M. Yoga/ Meditation
09:00 A.M. – 09:30 A.M. Breakfast Break
09:30 A.M. – 11:00 A.M. Committee Session 4
11:00 A.M. – 11:30 A.M. High Tea Break
11:30 A.M. – 1:00 P.M. Committee Session 5
1:00 P.M. – 2:00 P.M. Lunch Break
2:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M. Committee Session 6
4:00 P.M. – 4:30 P.M. High Tea Break
4:30 P.M. – 6:00 P.M. Closing Ceremony
1. The decision of the chair, committee members, and secretariat of the PIMUN on any issue arising during the PIMUN conference shall be final and binding.
2. The organizer’s reserve all the rights to alter or change the date, time, rules or the procedure of the conference
Instructions To Attend Pimun Digital Conference
- PIMUN Online Conference will be conducted through Zoom (www.zoom.us).
- It is highly recommended to attend the conference from your Laptop or Computer Only. Many functions might not be available if you access from your mobile.
- Download Zoom on your laptop or your computer, it will take few minutes only. A link to the conference will be shared with you over email, you are requested to click the link and on webpage click, “Download and Run the Application”. If the link is not working, Enter Meeting ID & Password given to you by Team”.
- You need to Download Zoom App if you access it from your mobile phone.
- After clicking the link, enter your screen name. Please Note: All delegates are required to rename their names during conference with the committee/country they are representing followed by their names. For Example: If you are in UNSC committee, representing China and your name is Gaurangi, then your name in Zoom should be: UNSC-China-Gaurangi. Participants without their names in this format will be removed from the conference or will not be approved by the admintojointhe PIMUNconference.
- In a conventional MUN, Delegates are required to raise their placards, however in an Online MUN Conference, Delegates are required to use the “Raise Hand” Feature.
- In a conventional MUN, Delegates share chits/messages via organizing council, however in an Online MUN Conference, Delegates are required to use the “Private Chat” Feature or whatsapp messages, as guided by the chair.
- All the written materials including working papers/resolutions can be shared with participants via a google doc link in chat. or share screen feature (only when allowed).
- During Un-moderated Caucus students can interact with each other verbally as well as chat.
- Please make sure your device connected with power supply and internet all the time.
- Delegates don’t need to make an account on Zoom to join the conference. However, It is recommended to sign up before starting the conference.
- It is highly recommended to use USB connected Headphones or Earphones for better communication.
- There will be 3 Chairs monitoring the delegates, if internet connection of one of the chair interrupts, Team will switch to the other chair.
- It is highly prohibited to use “Share Screen” feature until asked by the Chairs. If interrupted by any delegate, they might be banned.
- It is highly prohibited to share meeting ID or link with people who have not registered at PIMUN Online Conference. Zoom tracks all the shared links, the delegate will be banned if found outsharing.
Committee Members PIMUN
Faculty Convener: Asst. Prof. Shubhank Khare email@example.com
Faculty Co-Convener: Asst. Prof. Kamlesh Jain firstname.lastname@example.org
President: Ms. Narinderpreet Kaur email@example.com +91-8094429077
Secretary-General: Ms. Amisha Jain firstname.lastname@example.org +91- 7970114556
Director-General: Ms. Madhavi Moyde +91-9630440977
Deputy Secretary-General: Ms. Snehal Bopte +91-8109901242
Deputy Director-General: Ms. Sejal Jain +91-6354223553
Under Secretary General
Head of Content Writing: Ms. Palak Gupta
Head of Delegate Aﬀairs: Ms. Gaurangi Kushwah
Head of Internal Aﬀairs: Ms. Vaishnavi Singh
Head of Organizing Committee: Mr. Abhishek Mantri
Head of Sponsorship Committee: Ms. Sejal Singhal
Co-Head of Content Writing: Ms. Muskan Pandey
Co-Head of Delegate Aﬀairs: Ms. Kritika Khare
Head of External Aﬀairs: Ms. Khushi Prajapat
Co-Head of Organizing Commitee: Ms. Vanshita Vijh
Co-Head of Sponsors Commitee: Mr. Sreyansh Chhari
PIMUN, International Model United Nations, MUN