Law Officers at Indian Bureau of Mines Salary 50-55k; 3 Vacancies, Apply by Feb 28: Job Posts
Table of Contents
- About the Indian Bureau of Mines
- Number of Posts
- Job Type
- Place of Work
- Eligibility Criteria
- Age Limit
- Scope of Work
- How to Apply?
- Application Deadline
About the Indian Bureau of Mines
The Indian Bureau of Mines (IBM) established in 1948, is a multi-disciplinary government organization under the Department of Mines, Ministry of Mines, engaged in the promotion of conservation, scientific development of mineral resources, and protection of the environment in mines and other than coal, petroleum & natural gas, atomic minerals and minor minerals.
Number of Posts
- The engagement will be purely on a contractual basis and will not confer any right/claim for regularization of his/her appointment in the Indian Bureau of Mines.
- The contract would be initially for, a period of Two years and may be further extended maximum for one more year, subject to an appraisal of the performance and on a need basis.
Place of Work
Indian Bureau of Mines Headquarters at Nagpur.
- Applicant should have Full time, three years bachelor’s degree in law (LLB) OR 05 years integrated LLB degrees with minimum 50% marks or equivalent CGPA course from Bar Council of India recognized (b) Institute / College / University.
- Applicant must have been registered as an Advocate with the Bar Council of India/ State Bar Council in terms of the Advocate’s Act, 1961.
- Applicant should have been a practicing advocate with a minimum of 3 years experience before any Court of Law in India or having working experience of a minimum of 3 years as a legal professional with any PSU/Govt. department or with a large private organization post minimum qualification of LLB.
- Applicant should be fully conversant with practice and procedure in all Civil Matters before Courts including Arbitration, Labour Laws, and Company Law, and experience in drafting of Petitions, Applications, Affidavits, Memorandum of Appeal Contract/Services Agreement & other related matters, etc.
- Applicant must have excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, and knowledge of computer applications such as MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, etc. are essential.
- Preference should be given to the applicants who have experience as an advocate in the supreme court/high court in matters related to the Mines and Minerals industry or working with the legal department of a mining PSU /Govt. dept/ Large PVT Company.
Not more than 35 Years
Scope of Work
- Tender legal opinion on the issues coming before the department. Prepare para-wise comments on all OAs, Writ Petitions, SLPs, and PILs filed against the department and forward them to the concerned Standing Counsel after approval of the Competent Authority for drafting counter affidavit.
- Scrutinize the counter affidavit received from Counsel with reference to the para-wise comments.
- Perform such other work of legal nature, as may be trusted from time to time.
- Maintain the list of pending court cases in the department.
- Monitor the pending court cases.
- To assist and be present in the court at the time of the hearing.
- Further, the law officers should be in sound health (Both physically and mentally) and should be of impeccable integrity.
- The law officers shall also assist the department in any policy decisions/matters as and when required by the department.
- Shall deal with Court matters including cases involving legal issues for examination and recommendation of appropriate action to be taken by the Competent Authority.
How to Apply?
- The interested candidates may submit an application along with self-attested copies in support of all educational qualification(s), experience certificates, copies of their Bar Council of India/ State Bar Council certificate of enrollment as an Advocate, and copies of the All India Bar Examination (AIBE) pass certificate (if any) as per the format given in the official notification below.
- The applications may be addressed to the Controller of Mines (Planning and Coordination), Block ‘D’, 2nd Floor, Indira Bhawan, Civil Lines, Nagpur-440001.
- The application must be sent via email (ho-office@IBM.gov.in) followed by hard copies by post at the above-mentioned address.
February 28, 2023