Research Fellow at Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy, New Delhi, Apply by Feb 3: Job Post
Table of Contents
- About Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Eligibility Criteria
- Location and Salary
- How to Apply?
- Application Deadline
- Registration Link
About Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy
Vidhi is a not-for-profit company set up under Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956 in 2013. Donations to Vidhi are tax-exempt under Section 80G of the Income Tax Act, of 1961.
Roles and Responsibilities
Vidhi is looking for a Research Fellow for its interdisciplinary research work and engagements on legal and policy issues emerging from leveraging technology for the public good in India (and the global south). The work focuses on three broad areas of law and policy with respect to tech innovation and adoption in India:
- General information technology governance in India;
- Data governance frameworks; and
- AI ethics and governance of AI with an India-centric approach.
Through work, Vidhi aims to provide robust and independent research evidence on these prominent discourses within the tech policy space, currently of great interest to policymakers. This, in turn, is to further the institutional goal of improving governance through better-informed and well-drafted laws and policies.
To advance this objective, the Research Fellow will be expected to:
- Undertake high-quality research (both doctrinal and empirical) on Indian and international legal and policy frameworks on the aforementioned issues;
- Prepare reports, research notes, and presentations;
- Coordinate and attend meetings with government officials, academics, researchers and other stakeholders; and
- Organize and attend consultations with key stakeholders for informing and disseminating Vidhi’s research.
Applicants must meet the following requirements
- An undergraduate or postgraduate degree in law, public policy, social science research, or any other pertinent field.
- 0-3 years of work experience (a master’s degree will be counted as one year of work experience).
- Good research and writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Applicants who meet the following requirements will be preferred
- Prior experience working and publishing on critical issues emanating from the law, policy, and technology intersection.
- Prior experience in undertaking empirical research within the law, policy, and technology domain.
Location and Salary
- This is a full-time position based out of New Delhi.
- The Fellow will be engaged in this position for a duration of one year, and renewal shall be subject to performance.
- Salary will be commensurate to the level of skills and experience.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may apply through the link provided at the end of this post and must submit the following documents merged into one document:
- Latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) in not more than three A4 pages.
- Any piece of published or unpublished original writing as a sample, of not more than 500-800 words showcasing the candidate’s legal research and analysis skillset. Any submission exceeding the prescribed word count will not be considered.
- A brief statement of motivation in applying for the position, in not more than 500 words.
- Names and contact details of two professional referees who may be contacted for references.
The deadline to submit applications is 3rd February 2023.
Advocates in various Tribunals, Courts, and other Statutory Bodies by South Railway [Tamil Nadu and Kerala]
AGISS Research Institute & ACCI are Jointly Organizing an International Summit & Conference On Business & Economy
Lex-Manthan Volume-33 [Book With Isbn]
Registrar at Tamil Nadu National Law University, Tiruchirappalli
Internship Opportunity at AGISS Research Institute Apply by 1 February 2023
Research Fellow, Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy