The Coastal Aquaculture Authority Act, 2005
ACT NO. 24 OF 2005
An Act to provide for the establishment of a Coastal Aquaculture Authority for regulating the activities connected with coastal aquaculture in the coastal areas and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
- Short title and commencement.
GENERAL POWERS OF CENTRAL GOVERNMENT
- Power of Central Government to take measures to protect environment.
THE COASTAL AQUACULTURE AUTHORITY
- Establishment of Authority and appointment of Chairperson and members.
- Disqualifications for appointment as member.
- Eligibility of member for reappointment.
- Meetings of Authority.
- Vacancy in Authority not to invalidate proceeding.
- Appointment of officers, consultants and other employees of Authority.
- Authentication of orders and other instruments of Authority.
POWERS AND FUNCTIONS OF AUTHORITY
- Functions of Authority.
- Power to enter.
- Registration for coastal aquaculture.
- Punishment for carrying on coastal aquaculture without registration.
- Cognizance of offence.
FINANACE, ACCOUNTS AND AUDIT
- Payment to Authority.
- Fund of Authority.
- Annual report.
- Accounts and audit.
- Chairperson and other members, officers and other employees of Authority, etc., to be public
- Protection of action taken in good faith.
- Power to remove difficulties.
- Power of Central Government to make rules.
- Power of Authority to make regulations.
- Rules and regulations to be laid before Parliament.