The Citizenship Act, 1955
ACT No. 57 OF 1955
An Act to provide for the acquisition and determination of Indian citizenship.
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
- Short title.
ACQUISITION OF CITIZENSHIP
- Citizenship by birth.
- Citizenship by descent.
- Citizenship by registration.
- Citizenship by naturalization.
6A. Special provisions as to citizenship of persons covered by the Assam Accord.
6B. Special provisions as to citizenship of person covered by proviso to clause (b) of sub-section (1)
of section 2.
- Citizenship by incorporation of territory.
7A. Registration of Overseas Citizen of India Cardholder.
7B. Conferment of rights on Overseas Citizen of India Cardholder.
7C. Renunciation of Overseas Citizen of India Card.
7D. Cancellation of registration as Overseas Citizen of India Cardholder.
TERMINATION OF CITIZENSHIP
- Renunciation of citizenship.
- Termination of citizenship.
- Deprivation of citizenship.
- Certificate of Citizenship in case of doubt.
- Disposal of application under sections 5, 6 and 7A.
14A. Issue of national identity cards.
- Delegation of powers.
- Power to make rules.
[THE FIRST SCHEDULE.] [Omitted.].
THE SECOND SCHEDULE.
THE THIRD SCHEDULE.
[THE FOURTH SCHEDULE.] [Omitted.].